Soulful Ground Meat Puff Recipe
Soulful Ground Meat Puff
This is from my own inspiration.
500g ground beef
2 tbsp olive oil / cooking oil
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp mixed herbs (Thyme, Rosemary, Marjoram, Basil, Oregano, Sage)
1 tbsp ground paprika
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp seasalt
2 cups of frozen mixed vege (corn, carrot,pea)
1 large onion cut into small cube
1 Red Capsicum cut into small cube
1 shredded carrot (optional)
4 tbsp shredded cheese
1 sheet pastry crust
1. Heat oil in a skillet then add in onion and capsicum and fry until golden brown.
2. Add in ground beef, cook until the ground beef changes color.
3. Add in paprika, mixed herbs, soy sauce, sugar, seasalt.
4. Add in the mixed vege, lower the heat and let it simmer.
5. Mixed a cup of water with the corn flour in a bowl until the corn flour dissolved.
6. Pour the corn flour mixture into the beef and stir well and simmer for about 20mins.
7. Remove the beef mixture from heat.
8. Preheat the oven at 180c to 200c.
9. Lay the pastry crust flat on a board and cut it into 4 equal square.
10.Spoon the beef(don't spoon the liquid, make the filling as dry as possible as excessive liquid will come out during baking time) onto the small pastry crust and top with the shredded cheese. (as shown in the picture)
11.Fold it into triangle shape and seal the edge by pressing with a fork.(make sure the edges are sealed tightly as the liquid from the meat will come out and wet the pastry)
12.Now put the meat puff on the baking tray or you can put a layer of baking paper on the baking tray.
13.Bake for 10 to 15min depending on what time of oven you are using or until it turns lightly brown.
14.Remove from oven and serve hot.
Note: i would suggest you adjust the marinate ingredients to your own preferred taste. The mentioned ingredients are just for reference.(sorry im not that professional but i always like to make my recipes the 'forgiving' recipe).