Soulful Oatmeal Butter Prawn
Today this didn't turn out as good looking as it suppose to be because silly me was in the hurry and nearly over cook the oatmeal because the temperature was too high (i was multi-tasking that time. Will cook this again sometimes soon, once i have it cooked will post the new photo, temporary just bare with me first.
Soulful Oatmeal Butter Prawn Recipe
300g fresh prawns
2 tsp corn flour
2 to 3 chopped bird’s eye chilli or chili padi
2 sprigs curry leaves
3 tsp butter/margarine
4 tbsp fried oats
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 cups of vegetable oil
1. De-vain the prawns and remove the head . Sprinkle corn flour over the cleaned prawns and mix evenly.
2. Prepare fried oats – add in oats in a hot wok and fry til the oats turn a shade darker. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat up oil in a skillet or wok. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the prawns until golden brown remove from oil and set aside.
4. Put butter/margarine in a hot skillet / wok, add in chilies and curry leaves. Fry til fragrant.
5. Add in prawns, sugar and salt. Finally add in the fried oats and stir till even.
6. Dish up and serve hot.