Soulful Chocolate Pecan Brownies
Soulful Chocolate Pecan Brownies – a real “sinfully & heavenly” taste.
1 cup chopped pecan nuts
150g dark cooking chocolate
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/4 plain flour / all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
100g dark cooking chocolate
2tbsp of sugar (adjust according to your preferred sweetness)
1. Preheat oven at about 170C.
2. Line a layer of baking sheet on a baking tray and spread the pecan nut over and bake for 10mins in the oven then set aside to cool.
3. Place butter and dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl, and sit over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir mixture occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set to cool.
4. Beat eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and foamy (about 3mins to 5mins).
5. Add the chocolate mixture and vanilla and beat briefly to combine.
6. Sift flours and cocoa powder over bowl and fold in.
7. Fold in the toasted pecan nuts.
8. Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake for 45mins to 1hr. (depending on what type of oven you are using, check every now and then with skewer to make sure that it is well cooked).
9. Cool in the pan then refrigerate for 4hrs, until firm.
10. Lift out and cut into small squares to serve.
1. Melt the chocoate glzaing ingredients in double boiler and mix with wooden spoon.
2. Spoon over the small square brownies and serve.