Have been hesitating on what to bake, cakes that i had in my mind were either chiffon cake or sponge cake, as i was in the midst of deciding i discovered that i have 'over-stocked' carrots. Immediately Carrot cake comes into my mind.
This is my first attempt to bake carrot cake and it turned out moist and light flavour. There are plenty of carrot cake recipes some are very complicated, i decided to settle for the most basic one first will improvise it the next time i bake.
Here you go the Carrot Cupcakes Recipe.
300g grated carrots (about 2 big carrots)
150g self raising flour
75g all purpose flour
1tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
80g brown sugar
2 to 4 tbs caster sugar ( i don't have sweet tooth 2 tbs is just nice for me, you can add more according to preference)
125ml vegetable oil / olive oil
1tsp vanilla essence
some oil to grease the baking tins
1. Preheat oven to 170c. Grease the baking mould / tins.
2. Grate the carrots with electric grater (if you don't have one just grate it manually), sent aside.
3. Sift the flours, nutmeg, cinnamon and bicarbonate soda into a large bowl.
4. Add oil, brown sugar, caster sugar, eggs and vanilla essence into a separate bowl and blend well.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then add in the grated carrots.
6. Pour the batter into the baking mould / tin bake for 25min. Test with skewer come out clean.