Pandan Vanilla Chiffon Cupcake
Pandan Chiffon Cake has been my all time favourite since i was little, i like the fluffy airy texture of the chiffon cake and the aroma of the Pandan....
Instead of using the pan with tube in the middle i used ramekin.
8 eggs (seperate egg white and yolk)
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup corn oil / light virgin oil / any light vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup Santan / coconut milk
1 tsp pandan essence
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup self-rising flour (sift 3 times)
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1. Prehet oven at 180c
2. Mix coconut milk and pandan essence in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl beat egg yoks,sugar, oil and vanilla essence until well combined and slowly beat in the coconut millk mixture.
4. Add the sifted self rising flour into the egg mixture.
5. In another totall oil free bowl beat the egg white until frothy and add in cream of tartar until it reaches firm peaks form.
6. Fold in the egg white mixture into the egg mixure (in two batches) gently.
7. Pour into ungreased mould (never oil the moulds)
8. Into the preheated oven for about 45min if using the tube bakepan, 25min- 30mins if using the ramekins or until it is spongy to touch.
9. Remove the cake and immediately turn it upside down onto a cooling rack and DO NOT remove the cake from the mould until it is COMPLETELY COOL.