Orange Chiffon Cake / Cupcake
Just came out of oven before inverted to cool off.
This time the look and fragrance is much better then the last time i made :) as usual i don't have the tube pan to bake the chiffon cake i use ramekin and my Pyrex bakeware instead another Yay!
Orange Chiffon Cake / Cupcakes
(A) Egg white mixture
egg white from 5 eggs
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup caster sugar (i reduced to 1/4 cup to suit my taste)
(B) Flour mixture
5 egg yolks
100 ml coconut milk
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup raw sugar / caster sugar
4 tbsp juice of orange / orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g self-raising flour (sifted)
a pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven at 170c.
2. Mix all ingredient (B) EXCEPT self-raising flour in a bowl until well combined, then gradually add in the half of the sifted self-raising flour gently until well combined then add in the balance. (do not over-mixed, over mixing flour will cause the top of the cake hard) Leave aside.
3. Now work in ingredient (A)In a separate bowl beat the egg white and cream of tartar until soft foam formed, then add in sugar and beat until stiff foam achieved. (turn the bowl on top of your head if it doesn't drip on your head that means it is a stiff foam..hehehe..)
4. Fold in the egg white mixture into the flour mixture gently until well combined (again not to over-mixed).
5. Pour the mixture into your tube pan if you have any or like me use the ramekin as mold. *VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Never use non stick bakeware for chiffon cake because you need the cake to cling on the wall of the mold.
6. In oven bake for 30mins in a tube pan or 20 to 25min in ramekin or until skewer come out clean.
7. When the cake is out of the oven, invert the mold immediately and to let the cake cool off completely before serving (probably will take about an hour or two).
This is my creative way of "hanging" the mold ;)