150 g. Butter
150 g. Soft brown sugar (I reduced to about 140 g)
2 large Eggs - beaten lightly
300 gm. Plain flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
220 gm. Bananas - mashed
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 ripe bananas (about 400g) mashed
100ml vegetable oil (i use Olive oil)
(1) Preheat oven at 180c
(2) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
(3) Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
(4) Add in mashed bananas and Vanilla essence and mix well.
(5) Add in flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and fold in till it is well mixed.
(6) Stir in the vegetable oil and mix well.
(7) Pour into your choice of baking tray or tin loaf.
(8) Bake at 180C for about 50 to 60 mins(depending on what kind of oven you are using)
(9) Poke a skewer into the center of the cake make sure there is nothing stick on the skewer.
Once it's done take the cake out of the oven and let it cool on the rack before serving.