Nutella Bread Rolls
My original plan was to make just a simple milk bread recipe / Pain Au Lait, half way through my so called "creativity" struck, that's how i invented this Nutella Bread Rolls. I like the texture of this bread, it is not hard or chewy.
Nutella Bread Rolls
230g All purpose flour
60g Bread flour (you might need a little bit more during kneading time)
1 cup Lukewarm milk
1tsp Instant yeast
1/2 cup sugar
60g softened unsalted butter
1. Mix the milk,sugar and yeast together and set aside to let froth.
2. Put both flours and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine and make a well at the center.
3. Pour the milk mixture and egg into the well of the flour mixture.
4. Combine the mixtures together until a dough is formed and add in butter.
5. Transfer the dough onto a slightly floured worktop and knead for about 5 minutes or more.(by hand or mixer)(add a little bit more flour if it is too sticky but not too much though)
6. Once the kneading is done, transfer the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap and let it prove for about 40mins or the dough become double in size.
7. Punch down dough and transfer to a lightly floured worktop and roll out the dough and cut into 8 0r 10 equal portions depending on how big you want the bread to be.*see notes below*
8. Roll out individual dough into the shape that you want and transfer it to the baking tray that lined with parchment paper and leave it for more than 40mins to let it prove further until it almost double in size again.(i use silicon bakeware,this save me from a lot of hassles).
9. Pre-heat oven at 180c.
10.Once the dough has risen further, bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 35mins depending on how big your bread is or until the top is golden brown.
11.Remove from oven and transfer to a rack to cool off.
* During step 7, i roll the dough into a near rectangular shape and spread a layer of Nutella in, that how it looks like inthe middle when it is done.
You can add cheese, jam, ganache or whatever you want during this process.